About Our Company
We are successful. We are expanding. And we need more hands-on deck.Three Mountain Roofing is a family owned and operated shingle roofing company servicing central/northern Vermont. We pride ourselves on our excellent customer experience and high quality, efficient work.
The Roofing Technician will be responsible for all aspects of the installation, maintenance, inspection, operation and repair of residential roofs.
Technicians will primarily respond to repair calls, but will also do planned maintenance and/or installation as needed. Our company offers on-the-job training and yearly wage increases as your skills develop. Starting pay is determined upon skills and experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Serving the clients by expertly servicing customers’ entire needs.
- Remove shoes while in the client’s home and maintain a neat work area when performing a repair or scheduled service.
- Always explain to the client what service you are performing. Explain and show the client how the company provides superior service.
- Inspect roof to ensure it is operable and safe.
- Conduct thorough measurements to determine the proper size for a replacement roof.
- Convert repair calls into sales or set leads for the Roofing Specialist.
- Understand your sales criteria and hold yourself accountable for exceeding revenue goals.
- Establish rapport with clients to sell the right products and services.
- Re-check all repairs and installations before leaving the home.
- Perform a proper inspection of the client’s entire roofing system. Look for ways to prevent future repairs.
- Properly use the Pricing Guide.
- Explain the club memberships to the client, giving them an opportunity to join. Maintain an average conversion of at least 25% of non-club members and maintain a 90% renewal rate on existing club members.
- Maintain your truck so that it is neat and clean on the inside and outside at all times. The truck is one of the best billboards that the company has. Park the truck for the maximum impact of the “billboard” when possible.
- Maintain a clean, organized job site.
- Always be safety conscious both on the job and while driving.
- Participate actively in all training exercises, morning meetings and retreats.
- High school diploma/GED required
- Associate degree preferred but not required
- 5+ years’ experience in the roofing trade
- Self-starter, reliable, flexibility with hours
- Strong customer service skills
- Understanding of the current regulations within the field
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills on a technical level
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- General knowledge of power tools and techniques for care and safe use
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Climbing up and down on ladders and equipment
- Heavy lifting required (50-75) pounds, ladder work and tight space work required from time to time
- Ability to pick-up a minimum of 25 pounds consistently and carry up to 250 feet unassisted
- Operate handheld power tools
- Wear personal protective equipment
- Ability to work more than 40 hours per work week and up to 12 hours per day
- Work both indoors and outdoors
- Would be exposed to very hot or very cold temperatures
- Will be in proximity to hazardous conditions, equipment, and situations
- Wear safety attire, such as goggles or other protective clothing
- Could be exposed to sounds and noise levels that are uncomfortable and distracting
- Will be exposed to very bright or inadequate lighting conditions
- Ability to climb ladders and work from roofs and scaffolding
- Will work around exposed contaminants
- Must be able to work in cramped work places, such as crawl spaces under floors
Ready to Apply?
Please complete the form below or call us at
If you seem like a great fit for our team, someone will get in touch with the details provided.