About Our Company
We are successful. We are expanding. And we need more hands on deck.
Three Mountain Roofing is a family owned and operated shingle roofing company servicing central/northern Vermont. We pride ourselves on our excellent customer experience and high quality, efficient work.
The Roofing Specialist is responsible for building trust and rapport quickly with homeowner to solidify the sale, performing inspections & diagnosing roofing and roof-related problems, creating and presenting project proposal, developing community awareness and company reputation, and utilize direct sales skills to generate leads. This role requires excellent customer service and communication skills, strong time management and self-starter abilities and expert knowledge in all types of roofing systems and applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Meeting the customer’s roofing needs and wants while meeting the minimum budgeted sales as determined by the sales manager.
- Sell the customer a roofing systems utilizing the Three Mountain Roofing’s sales system presenting options and using all sales materials provided. We are not pushy and never sell a customer something that they do not need.
- Prepare proposals in accordance with company policies. Proposals should be created and sent within one week of the site visit.
- Gather all information needed to create proposal correctly including details about the project, size of skylights and drip edge color. Assist customers in decision making process which may include providing samples.
- Be timely with responses to customers by phone and email which may be outside the 9-5 Monday – Friday schedule. Some evening, weekend and holiday work will be required.
- Record all communication with customer in company database, Acculynx.
- Complete all paperwork in a timely and accurate manner. The Roofing Specialist is responsible to follow through with the customer signing the contract.
- Conduct daily activities with the highest level of honesty and integrity, and always display a positive attitude toward fellow team members. Understand that any misrepresentation to a client or the Sales Manager is grounds for immediate dismissal.
- Always be safety-conscious both on the job and while driving.
- Maintain the company vehicle to be always neat and clean on the inside and outside. The vehicle is one of the best billboards that the company has. Park the vehicle for the maximum impact of the “billboard” when possible.
- Hand off project to the Operations Manager once project is scheduled. All operational notes and project maps need to be completed as soon as possible after client is converted to approved. Job information is your responsibility until handoff.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be added or changed.
- Have fun and BE THE BEST PART OF OUR CUSTOMER’S DAY!
- High school diploma/GED required
- Associate degree preferred but not required
- 2+ years sales experience
- Have a valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Self-starter, reliable, flexibility with hours
- Present and communicate professionally (written and verbal)
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills on a technical level
- Strong customer service skills
- Be able to operate a smartphone and tablet
- Be willing to travel out of town up to one weeks at a time
- Be able to lift 50+ lbs. regularly, bend repeatedly, climb a ladder 30’, and kneel for extended periods of time
- Be able to work in the heat and sub-zero weather
- Have no fear of heights
- Possess basic and/or advanced trade experience
- Understanding of the current regulations within the field
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Climbing up and down on ladders and equipment
- Heavy lifting required (50-75) pounds, ladder work and tight space work required from time to time
- Heavy lifting (50 lbs), twisting, bending, use of both hands and arms, kneeling, squatting, standing and/or walking for long periods, climbing of ladders and/or scaffolding.
- Wear personal protective equipment
- Ability to work more than 40 hours per work week and up to 12 hours per day
- Work both indoors and outdoors
- Exposure to very hot or very cold temperatures
- Will be in proximity to hazardous conditions, equipment, and situations
- Employees may be exposed to moderate levels of noise and wildlife – birds, rodents, etc (living and/or dead).
- Wear safety attire, such as goggles or other protective clothing
- Could be exposed to sounds and noise levels that are uncomfortable and distracting
- Work in high or elevated places
- Ability to climb ladders and work from roofs and scaffolding
- Will work around exposed contaminants.
Ready to Apply?
Please complete the form below or call us at
If you seem like a great fit for our team, someone will get in touch with the details provided.